Monday, July 23, 2007

Selfishness

I am a very selfish person.. or at least that is what i think of myself..

i always do things thinking from my own perspective and i do things for my own advantage.. talk about egocentrism ya... hahaha

think about it ya.. when was the last time me and you go to the old folks home? or the orphanages? or any homes of the under-privilaged just to help out?

i've been once to old-folks home.. but that's because of my moral project.. and another time to orphanages, because of my LAN project... so if it weren't for these projects, i think i would have never stepped my feet inside..

for my LAN project, we were to find someplace where we can write about national integration.. so me and my friend, Yi Ling went around finding orphanages that offer a variety of races under 1 roof. we went to a couple of places.. and one incident struck me most

we stopped by this particular orphanage home, and this indian boy came and open up the door..

so we asked "sabtu ada buka ka?"
and he answered "ada.. kenapa? mau buat projek ka?"

i was dumb founded.. literally.. i don't know what to say, but that was the truth.... if it weren't for the project, i would not have winded myself there...

after a while.. i said "ya, buat projek"... it sucks.. but it's true.. i don't do much or care much about so many of these underprivilaged people..

the thing that i do for them is pray for them, and give donations at church..

God Bless~

2 comments:

小煮妇 said...

Need not to feel sorry, everyone is like tat,honestly. We always gv much time on our own business n very least time on concerning ppl. However, if u do rmb tat u can contribute something to ppl who need it,it is good enough. We still hv a lot of chances to help ppl, i believe tat u will do it in the best way.

Pig Ghost~~ said...

lots more chance to help people? i certainly hope i will live a long enough life to do that.. haha

Thanks ya.