Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bitterness

During my childhood, i tried to drink coffee and tea.. because everyone around me was telling me that it was good.. so i did try..

but the outcome was not as pleasant for me.. both coffee and tea were bitter for me at that time. as time passes, i began to drink chinese tea.. only chinese tea.. coffee and english tea like Boh or Lipton was still a no no for me.. haha

i worked for the last three days, and one of my friend was promoting her company's beverages.. sells coffee and tea. so i tooked a packet of white coffee as my friends say it's REALLY good.. so i took 1 home lo.. i took the packet during the first day of work..

second day of work, got up and drink the coffee.. still bitter to me.. but it's not as bad as lastime. strange.. last time i don't like chinese tea too cause it tasted bitter.. now i like it, and coffee doesn't taste as bitter as it was.

last day of my work, which is yesterday, my friend gave me a sample of 'teh tarik'. reluctant at first, but i took a sip.. to my amazement, it IS good. it's...... sweet.. haha.. so now my tastebuds have changed? i don't know.. but i remember watching this chinese show.. and it's a dialougue between 2 doctors.

*Doctor A is sitting down eating his bowl of rice with bittergourd. Doctor B comes and talk to doctor A*

Doctor A : It's strange you know. Last time I hate eating bittergourd. Because when i tasted it, it seemed SO bitter. But now when I taste back, it's not as bitter as what it used to be.

Doctor B: Know what? It is said that human's life is divided into 2 stages. And once you start to eat bittergourd, it means that half of your life which is full of bitterness is already over. The reason behind this theory is because you have gone through much more bitter experiences and now the bittergourd does not taste as bitter as compared to your experiences.

hurmm.. does that mean that i have gone through bitter experices? of course i did la huh.. but how bitter? i don't know.. i haven't tried eating bittergourd yet.. hahaha.. but.. it shows that i am growing in some extent..

coffee and tea don't taste that bad after all do they?

God Bless~

No comments: