Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blind man

Yesterday i was on my way home, together with Mr. and Mrs. Lam

We waited for the T634 bus to fetch us to Bangsar, and just as we got down from the building, the bus passed before our eyes..

so we waited for the next bus, and boy.. is that wait long.. we waited like 40 minutes? and there is still no sign of the next bus coming... so we decided to take U82 bus to KL Sentral and the bus came quite soon lar..

so finally when we were at KL Sentral, we went up the elevator, and Shyuan said to me

"Terence.. look at the person behind." i looked at the person and then looked back at Shyuan
"He's blind.. ask him where he wants to go"

so as we ascended into the top floor, i took him by hand and led him.. i asked him where he wants to go.. and he told me he was going to Wangsa Maju

he then asked me where do i live.. i told him i live in Taman Muda. Then i asked him "you know where that is?" while asking that, i expected his answer to be a NO (with the presumption that he is blind and blind people don't know many places.. my bad), but he suprised me by telling me that "yeah.. it's near Pandan Jaya".. whoa.. that's quite good for a blind man

so i led him to the ticket counter, bought a ticket for myself, and he bought a ticket for himself.. right after both of us bought our tickets, came an old lady asking me *out of so many people there, why ask me? i got friendly face is it? hahaha back to this friendly face later*

"leng zhai.. cher li zhen mer yang ke yi chue dao The Mines arr?"
*Boy.. from here how to go to The Mines?*

i told her i don't know.. and the the blind man told her that she can take the KTM Komuter.. suprise suprise.. now this blind man is better than me at places.. hmmmm....

after sending the old lady off, we continued on our journey.. we took the elevator up to the platform and while waiting.. the blind man asked me am i working?.. i told him no.. i am studying.. then he asked me where am i studying?

with another presumption that he won't know where i am studying, i didn't tell him the name of my institution, but instead, i just told him the area i was studying..

i answered him "Damansara".. and very quickly he responded.. HELP is it? and at that time, i was kinda dumbfounded by how could he know so many things, places expecially? he's.. BLIND.. i replied him with a "yeah yeah.. HELP". then he probed on.. what course u studying?

i answered him "sam lei" (which means psychology in cantonese). then he said.. oh psychology.. yeah yeah.. HELP is very famous with that.. by then, i was a little bit curious about this blind man and i asked him.. where u working uncle? he answered me that he works at the Malaysian Association for the Blind (i think) as a massage teacher..

cool.. massage teacher.. and this blind man amazes me soooo much that i feel bad about having my presumptions about all blind mans.. i suppose blind man is a wise man after all..

oh and coming back to my friendly face.. today.. there was this booth opened by Watson.. and they were persuading students to enter competition that is coming up.. many categories and a girl by the name of Soo Leng asked me to join..

"Terence.. join the competition la.. for friendly face award.. although u don't look really friendly"

=.=;

God Bless~

No comments: