Sunday, April 11, 2010

Awakenings


Just finished watching this movie and it's a beautiful BEEEEAAAAUUUTIFUUUL movie. I just feel so much emotions while watching the movie. Make us wonder what life is all about and I love so many things inside the movie.



I love the messages that is in the movie, I love how Robin Williams managed to portray his character so nicely (i can relate to him), i love how the issue of life is being tackled, I love everything the movie has to offer. Definitely a very good movie, and in my opinion, it's even better than Good Will Hunting, which i love a lot as well.



The story talks about Dr. Sayer, a researcher who is trying to find a new job in this hospital, a chronic hospital they call it. It is where people who have mental illness gets place, something like a mental institution. Dr. Sayer has never been involved in any interaction with human as long as his career is concerned because he is a researcher before this. But taking up this job forced him to deal with people.



He then found out that catatonic patients there have response towards certain stimulus and that sparked his interest in trying to find a cure. He managed to find the 'cure' and for a while, the patients awake from their vegetative state.



Leonard, was his first success and I especially love what he told Leonard regarding humans.
As he was telling Leonard about the awesomeness of the periodic table of chemistry, he says that it's the universe in essence. Everything has it's place and it's just so amazing. Leonard asked him 'you are not married are you?'


and he answered



'no.. i am not married. I have never been good with people. It's not that i don't like them, i do. I just hope that i would have more rudimentary understanding of them. If only humans were less unpredictable'



hearing that, i smiled at myself. go watch the movie. it's AWESOME!



God Bless~

No comments: