Thursday, March 26, 2009

Moral dilemma

Today i was in computer lab sitting, spending my time reading Eyeshield 21 (it's an awesome manga XD) when i heard some people presenting..

sitting beside me, there was a group of students, presenting on parenting styles... it's hard to ignore them when they are presenting like that and when they presented, i actually wanted to comment on a few stuffs.

but i was struggling, thinking, rationalizing, should or should i not walk there and tell them what i think about their presentation? as a fellow psychology student, i should tell them where they can improve on their presentation... i mean, if i know that they are going to get bomb from the lecturer and the tutor because of their mistake, y shouldn't i tell them? knowing that they are going to get eaten by tiger and not saving them is not that good right??

but another part of me was thinking... if i walk there, and tell them, would i be a little too 'action'? people are practicing and without any asking of help, i just go there and tell them where they go wrong.. really not a very good idea.. and therefore, for half an hour till 40 minutes.. i thought of what i should do

on one hand, it really is bad for me not to tell them, but on the other hand, me telling them might make them feel offended. so how???

so what did i do?

i went up to the group, introduced myself to the most good looking girl and said that i overheard them practicing.. i asked them whether they would mind me giving them a few comments... they didn't mind.. yay.. so i gave them my comments and left.. :)

well actually that's not what happened la.. that hypothetical situation was the perfect scenario which was playing in my head for that 40 minutes.. of course.. this hypothetical situation remain hypothetical..

what i decided to do was this.. i wrote on a piece of paper all of my comments and i wanted to give it to them.. but just when i stood up, they also stood up =.=!! make me gan cheong only.. then i wavered.. should i or should i not pass them the paper..

i waited for a moment to see what their next step is.. they left the lab, 4 of them.. leaving 1 last guy behind.. so i approached the guy and told him that i overheard them practicing.. and i asked whether their presentation is now.. he answered me yes.. and asked me y.. i said i got some comments but since their presenting now, my comments would not be of any use anymore..

he told me.. "owh it's ok la.. i will incorporate it into the presentation".. so i gave him the piece of paper.. he opened it up.. and his reaction was 'whoah'... cause i did wrote quite a little..

and then i wished him good luck and went for my class..

anyone got better idea or suggestion what i should do next time in such situation?

God Bless~

No comments: