Thursday, November 29, 2007

Forgiveness

Forgiveness.. when we see this word, how many of us actually practices it? I know i do.. no that's a joke.. i thought i do, but i don't really know what is forgiveness, nor do i practice it

For a very long time, and for many people, forgiveness is very much like a cognitive process. What i mean is we forgive the person in our head, but not in our hearts

And immediately, i can see that one of the person practicing that is me. That is why i said i thought i forgive, but actually i don't. Everytime i see a person who have hurt me, i would somehow have this uncomfortable feeling in my heart, and that is what i meant by forgive in mind, but not at heart

Do you experience it too?

What we (or I for that matter) need to do is to forgive both in our mind and heart. And it is not an easy task.. in fact, it might be one of life's most challenging things. but if we want to heal completely, this is what we need to do

We need to first admit our brokeness and weakness. By admiting it and by realizing it, then only can we face it and be healed. If we were to live in denial, then we can never come face to face with the deepest hurts in our heart.

Jesus said this "Forgive one another as I have forgive you"

So go out there and forgive someone

To everyone out there reading my blog, i am sorry if i have hurt you in any way. I beg for your forgiveness and please voice out your frustrations on me, so that i can be a better person..

Anyone who have unresolved issues with me can drop comments (this is the time to bomb me) and i will try my best to improve

God Bless~

No comments: