Sunday, February 26, 2012

Living in the US

Feb 26, 2012

So after talking about my journey here, let's focus on what I have been doing here.

Louis picked me up from the airport and I stayed at Suzanne's place for a while before moving in to my dorm, the College Inn (it's as old as Malaysia XD). My room is simple, but ok i guess.

The weather is always changing and there's really a pretty big difference in temperature from midnight till morning, till afternoon and night again. I can wake up at 3 morning (which I do at times) feeling hot and sweating.

UNT is a big university and there are still places which I have yet to know, but so far I would have known almost all of the places which are important to me and I don't get lost anymore. More like trying to find shortcuts nowadays on which is the fastest route to get to somewhere.

I am pretty much still trying to be more resourceful. It doesn't feel good to be always depending on others for things but sometimes I just need to and learn to be more muka tebal lor. ho ho. Everyone here is kinda like fighting for themselves as we all have our own goals and we take on different pathways.

Sometimes I do not understand the terms being used by the guai lou here and I am still adapting to it. More so when I first went for volleyball practice. Have no idea what they were saying oh em gee.. the terms they use is so different. outside hitter, deep, shallow, you're tight, second up, i've got hands, etc. but slowly getting used to it.

Class is ok. Some are boring, some are interesting, but I suppose it's gonna get more interesting as time goes by. As of now, I have some free time, not a lot, but enough to get by my studies, sports, work and daily living.

Life is different here for sure. I guess inevitably there will be perception of me partying here in the US, but... it's not happening as yet. This place at least is very peaceful. people are just contented with life and honestly speaking is pretty mundane... comparing it to KL.

God Bless~

No comments: