Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blood Donation

Today was the first time i donated blood.. whee~

There was a blood donating campaign organized by HELP's ADP department and the news came to me through my friend (Jian). So after class today at 11, we went to Block E to donate blood.. so excited about it..

went there.. look around and then.. there was no sign of blood donation campaign.. look around the fliers (which was on the male's toilet door, it was a bit opened and ah bit just looked at it as if it was a wall.. XD) then only realized that it starts at 12

so we went down and participated in an experiment.. last minute participants.. XD.. the experiment.. to me i think is a tad bit dumb.. the experimenters gave us a set of mathematical questions.. but i don't really understand the term used i suppose

especially 'natural number'. what is 'natural number'? i will go find out later.. maybe they did it on purpose la..i don't know..

so after experiment, went to had lunch, and after lunch, went back again to the blood donation campaign.. and my my.. so many people were there waiting to donate their blood..

so me and ah bit registered, took a form each and fill in our details then wait in line to check whether or not we can donate blood.. after waiting a while, it's my turn..

oh wait wait.. rewind a bit.. apparently quite a number of girls who went to donate blood failed to do so.. some of the reasons were.. they have cold, not enough iron, not enough hemogoblin and females who are having period can't donate blood.. huh.. so sad huh?

ok ok.. so it's my turn, and then the guy took my blood sample, and i asked him what blood type am i.. cause i don't know my blood type (until this very day that is).. he told me i am A.. eheheh.. i passed the test, apparently i don't have any of those stated above.. XD

then went and wait in line and when it's my turn, the nurse poked me with a needle, took it out, poke in another big needle and my blood flowed out to the bag.. i finished quite fast actually and there were my supporters.. 3 girls le.. hahaha

there is Evie, Hui Sin and of course.. the person who took this picture of me.. ah bit





oh.. there is this guy beside me.. whom the nurse told him that his blood isn't flowing properly.. they poke wrong place i suppose.. then the nurse asked him.. "tukar tiub boleh?" (can change another bag of blood? which needs another poking)

ouch.. so painful man for him.. haha.. but then he is used to donating blood la.. so i think it's no big deal for him..

hehe.. the first time donating blood.. a success

God Bless~

No comments: